- Previous experience as R.N., C.O.T., C.O.M.T.
- 5 - 7 years clinical experience in ophthalmology
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Necessary to Perform Primary Functions:
- Communication Skills:
- An empathetic and reassuring personality.
- Good listening skills.
- A manner that shows respect, concern, and instills trust.
- Facile with Microsoft Products: Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Facile with Internet
Strong working knowledge of ocular terminology, ocular anatomy and physiology as well as ophthalmic instrumentation and testing procedures including;
- Corneal Topography
- Visual Acuities
- Intraocular Pressure
- Laser Calibration
- Laser Operation
- Microkeratome Operation
- Instrument Sterilization